PADI Dive Against Debris Specialty
Our oceans are suffering with massive pollution from various sources. Help the ocean by cleaning it up on your next dive.
Learn about the problems of marine debris, conducting Dive Against Debris surveys, and how divers are a part of the solution to keeping our oceans clean.
What It's All About
Our oceans are suffering, with massive amounts of pollution from various sources affecting the underwater world. Help the ocean by cleaning it up on your next dive. Do you want to make a difference on every dive but are not sure where to begin? We will show you how to make a difference. This programme is combined with every PADI Open Water Diver Course we teach here at Coral Bay Divers.
The course will teach you
- About marine debris, the damage done, what it is, where it comes from and how divers are part of the solution
- How to establish a Dive Against Debris® survey, the survey frequency, sites, profiles, and equipment.
- How to make your survey count. The five easy steps to report the debris you have removed to maximise each survey’s benefits
- How to join the global Project AWARE movement of scuba divers protecting our ocean planet
- During one of your Open Water dives you will conduct a Dive Against Debris survey, including weighing, sorting, recording, disposing and reporting your marine debris to Project AWARE
- All required equipment is supplied
- One interesting open water dive