PADI Drift Diver
Drift diving can be relaxing and exhilarating
The course teaches you how to enjoy going with the flow as you scuba dive down rivers and use ocean currents to glide along.
What It's All About
Drift diving can be relaxing and exhilarating. The PADI Drift Diver Specialty course teaches you how to enjoy going with the flow as you dive down rivers and use ocean currents to glide along. It feels like flying – except that you’re underwater.
On the course you will
- Receive an introduction to drift diving equipment – floats, lines and reels
- Get an overview of aquatic currents – causes and effects
- Practice with buoyancy control, navigation and communication during two drift dives
- Learn techniques for staying close to a buddy or together as a group as you float along with the current
- All required equipment is supplied
- Two open water dives are completed