PADI Public Safety Diver
Work with local authorities, be part of a rescue team and, quite possibly, assist in underwater criminal investigations.
What It's All About
If you can work with local authorities and be part of a scuba diving rescue team, or conduct search and recovery dives, and maybe even underwater criminal investigations, this is the course for you. Although public safety diving can be a fun and exciting adventure, it’s serious and requires special training. The PADI Public Safety Diver Specialty course gives you a solid foundation to build upon and teaches you both surface and underwater skills that you may need on the job.
You will be introduced to the special procedures, equipment, scene handling, communications, and documentation requirements for a public safety diving operation. During four open water dives you will practice compass navigation, knot tying, arc search techniques, victim recovery, rope-pull communications, and rescue techniques for a distressed public safety diver, plus plenty more.
- Introduction to special procedures
- Introduction to specialised equipment
- Learn about scene handling, communications, documentation for public safety diving operations
- Learn essential skills like knot tying, victim recovery, knots and underwater communications
- There will be a minimum of four open water dives
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must have completed the PADI Rescue Diver certification, or have an equivalent certification from another training agency
- At least 100 dives
- To complete the PADI Public Safety Diver Course you require a minimum of 10 days – we will discuss the schedule when we contact you