PADI Search & Recovery Diver
Retrieve lost items that have fallen overboard or over a dock.
Learn effective search patterns and using a lift bag for heavy objects.
What It's All About
If you’ve ever lost something in the water and wanted to go find it, then the PADI Search and Recovery Diver Specialty course is for you. There are effective ways to search for objects underwater that increase your chances of success.
The course teaches you all about
- Swimming search patterns using your compass and natural navigation
- Locating large and small objects using various search patterns
- Using a lift bag for large or heavy objects, plus other recovery methods
- Planning a search operation based on facts gathered about a lost object prior to the dive
- All required equipment is supplied
- During four open water dives you will apply all the skills
- Must be at least 12 years old.
- Must have completed the (Junior) Advanced Open Water Diver certification, or have an equivalent certification from another training agency
- Spend a minimum of two days training