PADI Sidemount Diver
A sidemount configuration (scuba tanks alongside of the diver) offers more flexibility and better streamlining options.
Learn about the many benefits of diving with a sidemount configuration.
What It's All About
Having scuba tanks on your back is not a requirement for exploring the underwater world. Many scuba divers have discovered the joy of mounting cylinders on their sides. Sidemount diving gives you flexibility and streamlining options. Plus, you do not have to walk with heavy cylinders on your back – just enter the water, clip them on and go.
- Properly assemble and configure sidemount scuba diving equipment
- Trim your weight system and sidemount gear so you are perfectly balanced in the water
- Manage gas by switching second stages as planned, if wearing two cylinders
- Having the option to become a sidemount technical diver
- Three dives with sidemount equipment