PADI Tec 50
Learn how to extend & accelerate decompression stops using up to 2 gases.
Part 3 of the full PADI Tec Deep Diver programme. Develop competency & have the skills to dive to a max of 50 metres.
What It's All About
As a Tec 50 diver, you show that you’ve developed competency as a tec diver and have the skills to dive to a maximum of 50 metres. You know how to make extended, accelerated decompression stops using up to two gases. It’s not easy to reach this level and earning your Tec 50 certification opens the door to deeper diving expeditions.
You will learn
- Technical diving equipment, proper rigging and set up
- Rigging two decompression cylinders and proper marking
- Technical diving’s risks and responsibilities
- Gas planning, oxygen limits and decompression planning for decompression dives
- Using two decompression gasses up to 100% for accelerated decompression
- Team diving techniques and emergency procedures, such as dealing with free flows, manifold leaks and out of gas situations
To complete the PADI Tec 50 Course you must:
- Be a PADI Tec 45 diver
- Have a minimum of 100 logged dives, with at least 20 dives on enriched air nitrox deeper than 18 metres and 15 dives deeper than 30 metres
- Be at least 18 years old
Have a Medical Statement signed by a physician within the last 12 months