EFR Primary & Secondary Care
What It's All About
Emergency First Response Primary Care (CPR) teaches you how to respond to life-threatening emergencies. The course focuses on primary care through a combination of knowledge development, skill development and realistic scenario practice to make sure participants have the confidence in their ability to provide care when emergency situations arise.
Primary Care (CPR) you will be learning are:
- Scene Assessment, Barrier Use, Primary Assessment, Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR), Serious Bleeding Management, Shock Management, Spinal Injury Management, Conscious and Unconscious Choking Management.
- Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Emergency Oxygen use
Emergency First Response Secondary Care (First Aid)
Emergency First Response Secondary Care (first aid) covers injuries or illnesses that are not immediately life threatening.
Secondary Skills you learn are
- Injury Assessment
- Illness Assessment
- Splinting for Dislocations and Fractures
Includes first aid treatment reference for the following emergencies:
Allergic Reactions, Asthma, Bruises, Burns, Chemical Burns, Choking, CPR, Cuts, Dental Injuries, Diabetic Problems, Dislocations and Fractures, Electrical Injuries, Eye Injuries, First Aid Kit Assembly, Fish Spine Injury, Frostbite, Heat Exhaustion, Heatstroke, Heart Attack, Hypothermia, Insect Stings, Jellyfish Stings, Octopus Bites, Poisoning, Scrapes, Seizures, Snake Bites, Spider Bites, Sprains and Strains, Stroke, Temperature Related Injuries and Venomous Bites and Stings.
This programme can be combined with the EFR Care for Children Course.
- No minimum age
- No previous experience required
- This programme may be completed in 1 day or 2 days when combining with the EFR Care for Children programme
- All training materials and internationally recognised certification included