PADI Adaptive Techniques Instructor
This course focuses on increasing awareness of varying diver abilities and explores adaptive teaching techniques to apply when training and diving with physically and mentally disabled divers.
What It's All About
PADI’s approach to diver education is, and always has been, inclusive. The PADI Adaptive Techniques Specialty course builds on that foundation by enhancing the training PADI Professionals receive and preparing them for student-centred and prescriptive approaches when adapting techniques to meet the disabled divers needs.
The PADI Adaptive Techniques Specialty course will help PADI Professionals:
- Become more aware and mindful of individual considerations when introducing people with disabilities to diving.
- Explore adaptive techniques that can be applied while supervising and training divers with disabilities in PADI courses and programmes
- Properly counsel and direct student divers, based on their abilities, toward PADI certification, PADI experience programs or a disabilities-dedicated diving organisation for limited certification programs.
- Learn additional techniques to motivate and encourage student divers with mental and/or physical challenges
- All aspects of the PADI Adaptive Technique Specialty Course
- All required dives
- Tanks & Weights
- All local dives
- Airport Pick-up from Paphos International Airport
What's Not Included
- Specialty Instructor Application Fees
- Specialty Course Materials & Certification
- Accommodation & Food
To complete the PADI Adaptive Techniques Instructor Course you must
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be a current PADI Divemaster or higher
- Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care (CPR and First Aid) training within the past 24 months
- This programme may be completed between two and three days